Website translation involves converting your website to a language or languages that are more accessible.
There are many people browsing through the internet and more than 1/3 of them do not speak English (Learn more about “Translate to English“). It is therefore imperative for you to be able to translate your website in a way that connects with a larger crowd and audience.
Your audience will be more willing to take action on your site if the information is in their own language. In translation and localization, direct translations are not adequate and cultural meaning must be taken into consideration.
However, the auto-translated or literally translated web page does provide some basic information but a localized website sends the message. Surviving in the business world means being able to connect with multilingual audiences. (For Google website translates CLICK HERE!)
Your website is your first point of contact with your audience and as such, the right impression must be delivered.
Here are some reasons why you should translate your website with Website Translation:
- You are selling online: if you need to operate or sell online, then it is important for you to translate your website in a language that they will understand. People are more likely to buy your products or services if they find that you offer it in their language.
- You should be able to grow as a company owner. If you cannot communicate with your foreign audience, then market in that area will not be productive.
- Translating is a great way to stay ahead of competitors: You need a great way to stay ahead of your competitors and as such offering website translation is a great way to stand out and make more sales.
- It’s a great way to build trust: Foreign traders are more willing to trust you if they find that you are speaking their language.
- It is a great way to increase traffic. If you want to increase traffic on your site then website translation is your best friend. Other than the generation of traffic, it also increases conversion rates. You could start by translating some of your most frequented landing pages and comparing actions taken on the translated ones to the untranslated ones.
- Website translation is a great way to increase your website’s ranking and visibility. People are better able to locate and identify you. It is also a great way to increase your revenue and stay on top in the ever-evolving market. There are many tools available for website translation and localization and you can easily purchase them online. They do not only perform literal translation but also consider mannerisms, language, punctuation, vocabulary, grammar, style and culture, and society. They also review images and adjusts them so they adequately pass your company’s message and theme. Colors also have a different meaning in different cultures so these translation tools help you infuse the right colors that will best get your message across. some of them are:
- XML,HTML, DHTML
- XSLT, ASP
- Global voices among others